The Fugitive “Cash In A Flash’ Small Business Plan #3
Mobile Car Ads for Local Business
You will need….
1. 20 people you know who are willing to place a magnetic adsign on their car at agreed times/days for little or no payment. Say £10 a week toward their fuel cost ( if you are feeling generous..most mates will help you out for a pint down the pub)
2. 20 businesses who are willing to pay you for advertising on a fleet of cars at agreed times and days.
3. 100 flyers and calling cards and a demo (magnetic/stick) on ad sign measuring 800mm by 400mm
4. Paper or online Contracts printed for yearly commitment
5. Small free price/demographic price list squeeze page online and a printed version to leave with punters.
Find 20 friends/people who will be willing to to wear a ad sign on their car for favors or a small paid rental by you.
Approach by phone in the first instance and make appointments to meet 20 businesses to feature their ad on your fleet of cars for an annual fee to specify related to ad exposure.
“Sell the Sizzle not the Sausage”
Sell the concept to businesses for its attributes. A small flyer from Vista print to get orders and maybe a local sign example to show prospects is a good visual cue. leave a simple (don’t complicate pricing it puts people off)
Have a pool of registered cars ready for your ads to meet the general public, categorised by type of car, geographical region, kilometers traveled per week etc.
“Hello I’m Perry and I’m offering 24-7 advertising for your business covering this region for just the price of a cup of tea per day. The most effective and valuable way to promote your company and boost your profits..I’m visiting friends in your area next Monday so may I pop by and leave you the details?
Objections: “I already advertise”
Answer: “Oh really? Great news! Where might I see your ad already?May I ask how much that costs you per annum? I must say, I have never seen it, which is too bad, do you have a copy I can promote for you as well? Is there a way you can gear up for any fresh business, or are you already too busy? “(Repeat the pitch again)
Ask Questions? “Why do you think buses and taxis carry ads? Let them answer.”
If they stall…say it for them…”Because it works and companies pay £1000’s per ad to do just that.”
“What would it cost you to design and buy a quality sign and put it on a car that travel 24-7 around your locality and park supermarkets and high visibility areas in the area, being seen by up to 5000 people a day? How much would it cost you to display and carry your advertisment covering a huge area and clocking 100’s of miles per week on the open road, or in rush hour traffic, do you think? Would it cost you more that £1 a day?”
Questions are better than defending your idea. It’s a no-brainer so get them to recognise the fact.
Why Mobile Car ads?
Car advertising is the ultimate and most mobile form of outdoor advertising, if not all forms of advertising. It is in fact a moving ad that provides mobile coverage, unlike the old billboard, across a large geographic region for our advertisers 365 days a year.
Car advertising is not limited by any kind of demographic or gender, but can be controlled by location or distributed around your region, the choice is yours. It is visible to anyone who ventures outside.
You can turn off your tv or radio, or turn the page in your magazine, or you simply walk out of a room during the ad break. But you are not going to walk the opposite direction or close your eyes if you see a car ad – you simply accept it as a part of the environment that you move in. This allows the message to grow on our advertisors audience by way of natural exposure.
Our cars are not Taxi’s and your ads are not limited to a time table or daily route as per public transport. Your car Ads are driven by every day drivers, going about their daily business and pleasure.
The price for this service?
£1 a day or the price of a cup of tea
This is Where Things Get Crazy!!!!
If you get 20 orders for a 12 months ad campaign per business prospect that £365 x 20 = £7300. Minus your costs for signs sundries @ around 10% (£730)
Imagine 100 ads out there?
For about a months work! You will just top up your customer base and get residual income year after year.
- Research the effectiveness of car ads and adapt your pitch to make your service irresistible.
- Look professional when you call.
- Make a list of who of your drivers and when /where/duration of wearing the ad/ where they are likely to take their normal daily route.
- Take a image of your drivers smile and ads and make sure you choose mates with decent cars. image is everything for business. I wouldn’t want to put my ad on a dustcart!
- Remember to make a box on your order or email and hardcopy artwork they may want to use. Do discounts for 2 or more cars? How about getting them to book the service oinline through your Paypal or Worldpay account?
- Get a free website up through webs.com or another to give you online visibility.
- Start with small businesses. If you walk in the shop and there are no customers that should give your prospect and you a clue they need to advertise!
- Polish the concept. Its a numbers game. Remember ‘the 3 SW’s’
Some will, some won’t …so what!
DON’T WAIT UNTIL OTHERS TAKE YOUR TERRITORY. ACT NOW.