Rituals to Reach Your Potential“Every day I need physical energy, mental clarity, and emotional balance to tackle everything that comes my way,” someone once said. “Self-care is the secret to performing at the highest level.”
Here are the six simple rituals to perform at the highest, which you too can begin implementing right away:
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh. When do you drink your first glass of water each day?
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritize the day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete. What’s your “Top 3” today?
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Mike spends his 10 minutes getting away from his desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water. What’s your most important task for the next 50 minutes?
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress. Most mornings you’ll find me in a CrossFit or a yoga class. How will you sweat today?
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness, which is why I keep a gratitude journal. Every morning, I write out at least five things to be thankful for. In times of stress, I’ll pause and reflect on 10 things I’m grateful for. What are you grateful for today?
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. I ask myself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?” So… what went well today? How can you do more of it?
What Are Your Daily Rituals?
We’d love to know the rituals that are most valuable for you! Leave your tips in the comments below.