An ever increasing number of people are searching for insomnia cures. Studies have shown that one in three people will have had a significant problem with getting to sleep or insomnia in the past year.
You should always discuss acute sleep problems with your doctor. However, if you are looking for ways to help yourself, there are many options available to you. As is usually the case, a natural course of action is the preferred choice when looking at insomnia cures.
It’s a good idea to keep a sleep diary, as this can be a very effective way of pinpointing changes in your sleep patterns or bedtime routine.
It is very important to create a regular routine during the evening, in a sleep-inducing environment.
Try these easy to implement insomnia cures:
1. exercise well during the day but avoid intense late-night exercise.
2. avoid stimulants such as tea, coffee and alcohol late at night. Eat a small, easily digested meal in the evening, preferably before 6.30p.m.
3. take a warm bath an hour or more before bed. This is one of the most pleasurable and relaxing insomnia cures to incorporate into your bedtime routine. The warm water will increase your body temperature. As your body cools down after the bath, a signal will be sent to the pineal gland in your brain to produce the sleep inducing hormone, melatonin.
4. ensure you bedroom is quiet and has a good supply of fresh air.
5. set a routine of going to bed and getting up at the same time every day.
6. It is important to eat a healthy diet rich in nutrients, for you body to function optimally. When looking at insomnia cures, be sure that you have enough magnesium in your diet. A magnesium deficiency can cause nervousness, which may hinder your ability to fall asleep easily. You can help induce sleep at bedtime by taking a 250g magnesium supplement every day.
Low levels of magnesium in the body have been shown to lead to shallow sleep. This can cause you to wake in the middle of the night. By taking a magnesium supplement and adding magnesium rich foods to your diet, you are more likely to achieve deep, restful sleep. Foods rich in magnesium include cashew nuts, almonds, kelp, blackstrap molasses and wheat bran.
7. One of the most exciting and effective insomnia cures to become available, is brain training audio soundtracks, specifically designed to treat insomnia. This breakthrough technology has helped thousands of people to end their sleep problem, and literally trains your body towards a normal, healthy sleep/ wake pattern.
The audio soundtracks contain scientifically produced rhythmic pulses that gently calm your mind towards deep, rejuvenating sleep. By listening to a brain training audio soundtrack at bedtime, you will gradually reduce the amount of time it takes for you to fall asleep. Your bodys sleep pattern will gradually be restored to normal, and you will learn to fall asleep within just 10 minutes of getting into bed. This literally takes only weeks to happen, after which time you will no longer need to use the soundtracks in order to fall into a deep, restful slumber.