Decluttering with Respect and Discretion
Re-design your existing or new environment and liberate yourself
How to use professional advice and maintain a clutter free environment forever
Simply put. Moving house is stressful enough. In fact its rated as one of the top three most stressful experiences. Clutter causes a lot of negative energy and what you trip over in your home can cause obstacles in your mind and personal life to blur focus in every aspect of what is already your busy lifestyle. Your clutter represents your state of mind. Sometimes if we live in clutter outside we do the same inside. Time to blow off a few cobwebs?
What you save in transporting unedited gratuitous inventory items and the huge amount of time and money wasted to dispose of (“when I ever get around to it”) clutter can prove a headache. It is proven that during a move we 40% of contents are carted to a new dwelling that there is either no room, or use for.
Discover how to create space in your environment and purge your environment of non-essential items. Get rid of your unwanted stuff or whatever is simply not working in your environment. Attract positive change and seriously move stale energy out, starting with your neglected clutter using this easy and fun 5 step process. You will get organized with minimum effort and time involvement and without the possibility of mistakenly discarding valuables. You will prepare a foundation that attracts new, fresh and exciting energy.
If you are looking to attract positive change and seriously move stale energy out, start with your neglected clutter. Getting rid of all the things you are not using will create space for new energy and movement.
I’m a firm believer that
if it doesn’t work…
if you can’t remember when you last used it….or…
if it doesn’t make you feel good …then…
MOVE IT OUT!
Now, I know… sounds easy doesn’t it? Then why do we all have so much clutter?
Here are some tips and techniques that have worked for me to move unused items from my life.
Here’s what you do to quickly eliminate your clutter:
Clutter can leave a void…if you must fill it…fill it with fresh ideas!
This is the exciting bit. A professional has a lot of experience with creating fresh ideas that the horrible clutter leaves behind.
If you have professional help to de-clutter they will help you to say ‘goodbye’ to that toaster Aunty Mabel gave you 1982 that doesn’t work and assist you to ‘jilt the guilt’. Sometimes it needs a 3rd party to make that decision to avoid the shame of parting with stuff that you really should have parted with centuries ago.
This is what kind of help to expect..
(1) Label the boxes anyway you like …maybe with a letter (A, B, C etc) or with a color, green, red, orange……
(2) Go around and start putting your dear clutter in the boxes while recording the contents with your recorder. (You can do this little by little whenever you have a spare few minutes).
(3) When the boxes are full, stack them neatly in a closet, garage, attic, etc….anywhere where they are out of sight.
(4) When you have a little time, sit down, play back the recorder and transfer the information to a spreadsheet, word document, index cards or whatever system works best for you. (By indexing you can easily find and retrieve anything you might have mistakenly filed away). Simply look the object up in the index to find the appropriate box and go get it! It’s that easy!
(5) After a time, if you find you really don’t need all the things you have stored, You can donate usable items to your favorite charitable organization. You can have a garage sale and make some cash, or You can make money by starting your own on-line store on eBay And…
You can have fun by giving your clutter a second life!
A good rule of thumb is
“If you have not used it or thought about it in a year then you probably don’t need it and you can let it go”
The great thing about this process is that it overcomes the two main obstacles to clearing clutter. First, you may have thrown something away only to realize later that you really needed it. So now you are reluctant to throw anything away. Secondly, you believe that it can take quite a chunk of time to do a really good job of sorting and eliminating your unwanted stuff. In the past, you may have started to get organized only to abandon the effort for want of time and organization and ended up with a bigger mess on your hands.
The five step process eliminates these obstacles because the sorting can be done extremely quickly without the possibility of discarding valuables.
Doing these small things is your first step in creating space for new, exciting ideas and energy.
Get ready for an abundance of fresh ideas and energy to enhance your living!
Sister article: “Clear Your Spaces Clear Your Mind” Here
Business Website: Here
More info: email here